Friday, September 24, 2010

Until Next Year

Sew, after making an adult tank pattern (the Zopf Top!) this summer, I set my sights on making one for lil chicks too.
Sadly, after going though so many drafts, summer here in the NW was pretty much over.
but no fear, I just made everything a size bigger and stashed it away for new year.

here are some of my preliminary pattern pieces, front and back.
The front of the tank is a bit plain, but the back is where its real cute, it has a "key-hole" closure with a button.
and as you can see, the pattern can be made into a dress by just adding a gathered skirt!

close up of the "key-hole"-


The one on the left I gave to my sister-in-law's sister-in law for her girl's first B-day (this lil chick had the same exact due date as my Chicken, but she was born a week early...and we all know what happened with Mara, so the two of them are almost a month apart)
and the one on the right is a size bigger for M next summer season.
Insider hint- I am gearing up to open a "MTO" section on this blog and in my store, so keep you eye out for these lil cuties in there!

~n
ps, I'm shopping around for names for this lil number, any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment