Thursday, January 13, 2011

!Differnt! Pouches

Im not going to get into it, but if my husband was a website, it would be this one:

DIYtactical.com

mmmhmmm. Are you following me?
That would be the site that he printed out the tutorial for me to make him these:



They are made from "cordura"

here are pics of the first one I made him a few months ago:
obviously I've improved the design of the (i'm sure) well meaning gentlemen who created the tutorial (that I had to read over and over and de-code the 'man-terms' into true sewing terminology)


and heres some re-design of our doing. the original finished product would be attached to a vest (or bag, or WHATEVER...) by some sort of clip... or so I'm told... but this way it just velcro's on.

There you go, M. you cant say I never made you anything.

There is the matter of your 9.1lb child that I carried and birthed, but thats a whole other blog... and presumably why we have the gun(s), huh Babe ;)

3 comments:

  1. when Jeff and I were dating we often joked about making something very similar to that, but to house cigar tubes! :D

    Cool craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious post! But very cool stuff. I love the materials you have been making your projects with. Heavy duty, real life stuff. Love it!

    Btw, I think it's awesome and you and Michael have started your own business with both of your talents and gifts combined. Couples working together in an entrepreneurial, out-of-the-mold business kind of way always makes me cheer. Keep it up and I hope it is successful!

    Chels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina - that is a very good idea. I d love to see it if you ever whip one out!

    and Chelsea - I've loved this "other side of sewing" with all the heavy fabrics! and thank you for your kind words about our 'StoreHouse DryGoods' - I have more to show on the topic soon!

    love to all
    n

    ReplyDelete