Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Dress 2011

I love holidays. And I start planing for them pretty early on. I start Celebrating Christmas in September - but thats a whole nother part of my personality we wont get into...

So for Easter, I got the fabric for Mara's dress like 3 months ago. At Ikea, love it.
And I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to make with it (I saw something I liked at target,a nd then there you go..) but I didnt really want to spend the time to draw up my own pattern.
So I did a lil bit of both.

I started with a pattern I already had and used it to trace the arm holes and sleeves - taking a way 90% of my work load. I dont know about everyone else, but the arm holes and angles of the sleeves are what kills me.

So with that all traced out an done, I got this:
It was a test run. After making that, I took the whole dress in a bit for my rather little chick. And I also raised the start of the skirt by shortening the bodis.

heres the actual Easter Dress Circa 2011:


I wish I had picture of her in. But that just doesnt happen with my kid. Whenever I try taking shot like that of her I just end up wishing I wouldnt have even tried, then I wouldnt get upset with her for always - moving - every - cotton - picking - second!
anyways, you can see above and below that I managed to get the print lied up in the back after the zipped, but I still dont have the energy to figure out how to place things so the side seam comes out aligned too.... I guess it doesnt bother me enough to learn otherwise.

pics of my Easter Dress coming soon.
n

No comments:

Post a Comment