Monday, May 2, 2011

Get A Hold Of Yourself!

Another contest that I watched fly by (because I always have 13 of my own projects going on) was the Pretty Pot Holder Challenge over on Prudent Baby.

I watched (and judged) all the entries and so wanted to be a part of it all. but it just didnt happen.

So here I am moths later getting around to 'joining in'

I made these for myself:
(back)
(Front)
(back)
I think I like this one the best (out of the ones I made for myself) it reminds me of the Steam-Punk trend happening right now. but I dont know if I could ever commit to the trend in clothing, so this works well for it. (google it if you have no idea what I'm talking about).
these I made for my sister in law whos getting married this summer (more projects to come on that note)

these here were the first ones I made. this whole project was my first experience with free-motion quilting. I can only compare it to expressionistic dance. and I had to be in a very open mindset to do it. I liked it and feel that I got progressively better with each one.
I really love these one. I made them with some vintage sheets I picked up at estate sale (stay tuned for lil girl dresses this summer!)



So theres no telling if I would have made any headway in the contest, but I still feel like a winner.
haha
n

No comments:

Post a Comment