Monday, May 2, 2011

A Willing Participant

I always want to join in on the "sewalongs" and contests that are going on in the blog world but I always have ten-thousand things on my plate at any given time and can never make the deadlines.
Case in point the Frock By Friday: Coffee Date Dress

yeah, I'm like a year late.
But I always wanted to make it. In fact, I made two.

I made two different muslins. I'm not a fan of darts, and there were notes about the dress that the bodis was coming out too snug (or not fitting at all) for people. so I made a good deal of changes (but hey, it was a free pattern!).
as you can see I made two seams along the bust instead of the darts (I just cant get over the fact that darts 9 times out of 10 make it look like you have some peak-a-boo nipple action going on...)
I made this dress second, but I considered making it first because I had more of the red silk that I used then the fabric used on the following dress.


and here is the first one. It was my Eaters Dress. Its out of a chambray shirting. I love the fabric. It was actually left over from a StoreHouse proto type.

So now I have two "Coffee Date" dresses.
I guess all I need now is ....

No comments:

Post a Comment