Monday, April 23, 2012

Knit Whit

As it turns out, I didnt really sew a whole lot while I was pregnant. I did however sit on my butt a lot. And while I did that, I tried to be the most constructive I could be, while still sitting on my butt.
This is the product of my butt sitting:
I re-made Mara's special blankey. My sister in law had made her this gorgeous eyelet knit blanket for her when she was born, and we all loved it. Mara loved it to death. By the time Mara was a year and a half the blanket was in ruins, so when she was about to turn 2 I started this one. And I knit about as fast as my grandmother can do jumping jacks... So even with working on it everyday, it still took me a good 3+ months.
here is a close up of the 'pattern' (found on the site kidscanknit.com - cuz you know I've got mad skills)
and this is no bed-blanket by an stretch of the inagination, its just a snuggly thing, about a foot and a half wide by about 2 1/2 feet long, Mara sized.
to end I will show you the remains of the fist 'special' as it is called 'round here, poor thing. Death by piddeling.

(if you look closely, you can see that I ran it under my machine with a zig zag stich more then once)

I am also working on a knitted blanket for Ingrid's children....

No comments:

Post a Comment