Monday, August 2, 2010

THe Yard Sale Convert

Sew, when we moved down here last summer (for those of you just now following along, after getting pregs and deciding that me working was just not going to work out, me and M and lil M - while still inside- moved in with M's parents down down down down here in lil ol'd Canby...anyways,) M had the summer off and because I was still working and driving about an hour to get there, ie - I had the car, M had a good deal of time on his hands. He chose to spend at least part of this time garage sale-ing. I took no interest in this sport. I was umpteen months prego, working full time in the late summer with feet the size of said late summer's watermelons. Not to mention the fact that I no longer had my own home, nor did I know the gender of the baby in my belly. I was not going to spend my day off ferreting though other people's sh -tuff.
All of this being said to contrast the current date where I have less time, but a more "flexible" HAHA! schedule. So, this year I have been a patron of the garage picking of my fellow Canbenites.
And I have to say the sales have been good to me. If it were not for them I would not have my shop. I would not have this blog, I might not even be sewi....no, I'd still be sewing.

Sew, to cut to the chase, I have scored yet another butt load of fabric from a yard sale. This poor lady wasn't able to sew any more due to health reasons (Hale Mary, Full Of Grace,...) so her loving husband was chucking all her fabric.
I got a literal box full for $10.
let me show you:
very "vintage" .. needs to be washed though, it smells "vintage"

as you can see, this is rain coat fabric - this will be fun!
a lot of it is polyester, but its mostly all knits, stuff I didnt have much of in my stash to begin with. So there will be much learning and making!
and she labeled everything, how cute.

so these are my favorites. I posted some in my shop and then I'll put up everything I "cant" use.. of have just used way too much.
So keep checking in!

My Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment