Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby Boom

If you dont know, we go to a baby loving church.
When Mara was in my belly, I was one of only two preggos in the whole church - very rare. I think the norm is about 8 babies baking at any given time.
There seems to be a rash of boys this time around too.
We are all girls all the time around here, so I was a bit hard pressed with gift ideas.
What do boys do? I have no idea.
Sew I decided on some basic baby gear, Kimono tops.
They're easy to make and great for the lil ones you dont want to be pulling stuff over their head.
(as you can see, I slipped one girl one in there - its for my sister in law's sister in law...yeah..)
Like I've said before, I love the applique look, just not the work load. So I went for very basic geometric shapes.

there was an added difficulty in creating boy stuff with all of the "girl" fabric I have
and lastly I added in some diaper bag pouches.
(Tutorial coming soon!)

Sew, this is how I show my love, and whats easier to love then some fresh baked babies :)

~Mother Of Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment