Monday, November 15, 2010

Skirt to Adorable Dress : A Refashion

My sister in law has made the habit of giving me clothing of hers that she no longer wants to wear but just cant part with completely.
This skirt is one such case. She gave it to me saying that she bought it for the fabric and loved it, but the shape of the skirt was just all together odd (i tried it on and she was right)
But that is a perfect candidate for a refashion!

So when the Adorable Dress pattern came about, it was a perfect match!

Pretty adorable right?
I got every piece out of the original skirt, and I was even able to use the skirt's original buttons. on top of that I have this vintage thread that match beautifully.
also, I was able to incorporate the original hem of the skirt into the dress' hem.
I'm pretty pleased with it.
And here's my happy customer :
Love you lil Lilly Pants!

n

No comments:

Post a Comment