Monday, November 15, 2010

Most Adorable Dress EVER!

Those of you who are in the creative community, have you ever stayed up late one night because you have this idea in your head of something you want to create and you take it from concept all the way through to finished product in one swoop and when you're done you stand back and are so proud of yourself - have you ever had that?
This dress is that project for me.
And I straight LOVE it.
Here is the original in all her glory:
K, so really the tag line should read "most adorable 'Jumper' ever" ...

For the first one I did snaps, just for a clean look, I like 'em
Here are two more that I made, and I used buttons that I like just as well.
(funny story, I was cutting out this fabric for -one- of the dresses you see below, but wasnt paying close attention [I was probably thinking 'this is sooo cute! this is going to be soo cute!} and cut two of the same piece when I only need one - thus the second dress was born.)

the front is gathered and the back is pleated due to them being made out of a woven fabric and lil chicks NEED to move, or so I'm told by Mara...
both the above dresses are 12-18mo size and as much as I'd love to keep them both so lil M could wear this dress twice in a week and I would only have to do laundry once - I will be putting the second one up in my shop - that is unless one of you snatch it up first, hint, hint!

also - in the same night I made the first dress, I also sized the pattern from 3-6mo, 6-12mo, and 12-18mo - yeah, it was a good night. So I have the hopes and dreams and plans to someday soon make the pattern available for purchase!

on that note I will leave you with shots of my lil chick and the jumper in action:
theres no point in trying to get her to stay still for the shots, so this is all we're going to get.
Still way adorable though right?
(the kid or dress, either one)
Much Love
Mother of Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment