Monday, December 20, 2010

Man Bag

This is one of the trendiest bags out there right now.

This is the Chester Wallace bag.
This is how much one costs : $250
This is how I saved my husband from spending $250 on a bag.

This is our version.
M found as many images he could for the CW bag (he found everything but one of the inside). And I sat down and figured out how to make it from scratch.
I dont have shots off all the details (it took ten weeks to get him to put it down long enough for me to take one shot, busy term) like all the nice box stitching on the straps and the perfectly places internal pockets.
It is in no way perfect, but for my first bag making effort, it works. And it held up to a whole term of long car rides, getting kicked around in classes, holding a laptop and a lunch that rarely got eaten, NorthWest rain, and more rain.

Since the making of this bag, we've gotten better material, a hard-core machine (pictures forthcoming) and a whole lot more know-how 'Stored' up
I promise a whole run down in the New year ;)

1 comment: