Friday, January 21, 2011

More on Beatrix

I may have mentioned her before, but let me introduce you to my newest machine
Beatrix
I obtained her for StoreHouse. She hales from the 1920 and is B-A!
She can only straight stitch, but if you loose an arm, let me know because she could sew your bone back together. Powerful.

here she is when shes all closed up in her cave... er desk..
heres her cabinet opened up
and heres all her "bits" - places to store things
you see the leaver sticking down from the top on the right side - thats actually her petal, you press it to the side with your leg. so you sew and get a great inner thy work out all at the same time - kidding.
and there she is. not bad for a girl whos almost 100
her face plate
and her beauty shot:
the side plate on her main hull.
if your interested in owning a gal just like her or just boning up on your antique Singer knowledge, check out THIS BLOG

thanks
much love
n

2 comments:

  1. I checked out that blog/website because I've always wanted an machine like that. My mom has one and it is just way cool. She won't give it to me though... :-P Anyways, my question is there isn't a whole lot of info on their site... so did you buy your machine from them? Do tey sell the ones on thier site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the plug!
    Just noticed this as I can be a bit on the hyperfocused side....

    Jonathan, I sell some through craigslist, or by people emailing me and telling me what they want!

    Nicole got Beatrice after seeing Victoria, my 201. Michael asked me to track down one for them, and so I did.

    ReplyDelete