Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bolero Babies

Another pattern from (you guessed it) HeidiandFinn
pattern review: perfect as always
my own notes: the ruffles are harder then they appear, but well worth it!

observe-
this, as well as the black printed one, I hand stitched the arm hols to make them 'invisible' from the front. i thought it just made a more polished look. The tan wool I had to top stitch, the material wouldnt lay nicely otherwise.



and the action shots -





the top purple one is for lil Lilly Pants' birthday.
I am currently nailing down my design for MaraMum's Easter dress and it just might mean making yet another on of these :)

ps- I did make an adult version. But my husband put the kabosh on "matchy-matchy"... so into the present box it goes.

much love
mother of Mara

1 comment:

  1. Mara is just way too cute. You guys will probably just have to lock her away until she's 20. ;-)

    Love the black patterned one. Looks like that pattern turned out similar to this re-fashion I want to try:

    http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/06/re-purposing-stained-tshirt-into-shrug.html

    Only problem is my 2 year old doesn't get messy or have stained shirts (yes I know that is weird) so I'd have to buy one for the project.

    M doesn't like matchy-matchy??? J tolerates it pretty well. I don't try to go overboard though, maybe similar patterns and such, but my mom forced me to match my sisters growing up and I hated it! I think an adult version of that would be darling!

    Sorry for not talking much on Sunday... I had a crying hungry baby in the other room and by the time I went back to find you, you were gone! :-(

    ReplyDelete