Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bear Suits

When lil M was an even littler m, she had two very cute lil "coveralls" that were fuzzy and have feet and a hood with lil ears. We called them her bear-suits. They were Carters brand and when she out grew them I went looking for 1,000 more. Turns out the brilliant people at Carter decided to only make there suits until 9mo.... brilliant.

So after both my lil chicks out grew the suits I set out to make bigger ones myself. Then Christmas happened. But technically it is still winter, so sew I did.

My jumping off point was an old overalls pattern that my mother in law had.
I compared it to a sleeper that Mara just moved into (size 2T!) and added the sleeves and hood and feet.
Ta-Da!
as you can see above, there is one with out a hood or feet, this was the first one I made. The feet were hard to get a hang of. That one originally had feet that didnt work out, they got cut off.
Then I moved on and made her full-on Bear Suit! I'm so happy with it. And so is Mara. She asks to wear it all the time. She hasnt done that with any other clothing idem before. Warms my heart.
Big M was quite clear that he wanted this bear suit to look just like the one she had last winter, brown like a lil bear cub with ears on the hood. you got it.



this one is lil Lilly's. the spring fleece make me think of her.

lovely thing about fleece, no seam finishing required.

and here the best I could do with my model.
I had to trap her in her swing. I long for a time when my model will hold still for longer then the shutter speed on my camera.


and another bad shot that I dont feel does it justice.

but maybe we'll hold a costume party, we're all set.
and snuggley

n

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. Way too cute. E had one 9 month size and I got SO mad when I found out they only make them to 9 months. What the???? It was so cute on him too!!! Anyway, I might just have to pick your brain for the pattern for this one!!

    I don't know if you check my blog or not, but I just finished some re-fashions that i am very happy about that I thought you might want to see. Plus, I finally took some pics of those dresses I made, one with your fabric. :-)

    ReplyDelete