Monday, March 28, 2011

Vested

If you havent heard, M is done with school. Like been at it for three years and is done-done.
Anyways before school, he worked on a freight dock for almost five years. Well, he stared school and had about a month left before his five year mark. At five years he would become 'Vested' with his union. So for the first few weeks of school, he also worked nights on the dock so that whenever he retires someday, we'll get about $300 a month.... maybe it will pay for my monthly thread consumption....

anyways heres me linking two totally unrelated articles of my life-

I had been wanting to make more vests since I made this one for my self, and project and project kept getting in the way. Then one night I though -'I've got to get these done before the weather changes!"

the top one was a cop-out... only one button hole.
but then I knuckled down and did like 6 or 7 of them. Hard.
Oddly enough, this picture doesnt show how well I think they turned out. Maybe I'm standing cock-eyed... or maybe its the fact that I got M to take the picture, his absolute favorite thing to do...
I've been wearing the heck out of them just to get my times worth... but I'm cold blooded so I think I'll be able to rock theses bad boy 'till about mid July.

~n

1 comment: