Monday, December 20, 2010

Tis The Season

If you cant wear matching outfits with your daughter during Christmas, when can you, right?
I have been tempted to make us many matching things before, but never did for fear of ridicule - from my husband mostly, but this time I did it!
I originally bought the fabric [super cheap in the Anex] to make myself pajamas, [like I needed any more] but then got to thinking that I really liked the fabric and wanted to be able to show it off more then just to my house mates (all 5+ of them there may be...).

I had dreamed of making us both elaborate red silk dresses for Christmas but I ran into two problems 1) As much as I have poked an prodded, neither of our families will dress up for Christmas. Many a holiday when we lived on our own and would come down to Canby in full get-up, only to find at least half the occupants of this house still in their sweats... some never to change from them. and 2) Once I decided to use this fabric, I had only a limited amount to work with. a lil less then two yards.

In slides this vest pattern:
I think it turned out well. It was drafted for a woven and this is a knit, and not to mention the fact that the smallest size, labeled "4", could have fit my 6"4' Step father, after some re-working, it turned out just fine.
and Its pretty comfy (did I mention it was a knit!)

This brings me to the lil chick - So with the silk dress dreams no longer in my head, I got practical and pieced together something a lil more fitting for a 15 month old.

Its the baby version of my Olive Dress. A basic smock dress thats flowy and soft.
To give it a lil more spunk, I stretched out the knit fabric and satin stitched the sleeve and hem openings to make them ruffle.
But she would look pretty in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment