Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Palooza Continues - More PJ's

I had been wanting to make a pj set for myself for a while. when I saw the fabric I used here, is just screamed "pajamas" to me (its more yard sale fabric, I wonder what this fabric was screaming to the lady I bought it from...)

So I wanted a set, but I didnt want a replica of the same basic pjs you can buy anywhere.
than I saw these!
and then I was told that I could not have them.
why you may ask?
I was told by the head of my household that if I were going to order "sleep-wear" from such an organization, that the garments were going to have to contain far less fabric.
(for those of you who did not click on the above link, do so now and it will all make since... especially if you know my husband...)

Sew, I made my own.
here they are on lil old me -
a lot of things went really wrong, and a lot of things went awesome about this project.
next time I would make the legs a bit longer (I over thought how long I wanted the end caps to be) and biggest problem - the flower print of the fabric - its upside down.

other then that, I got to use my twin needle again
I used it on all the openings to either attatch the ribbing or hem (below is the neck opening and you can see the front and back of the twin needle work.)
I used this tutorial to make the top.

and I drafted the pants from a pair of leggings, theyre a bit tight, but thats what we were going for.
right, honey? :)

1 comment:

  1. Somehow, when I started reading this post (even before seeing pics), I had a feeling that you were going to mention the VS Long Janes! :D I've been wanting those every year, but never have the money or want to spend the money on them. Maybe next year. ;) Very cute replicas!

    ReplyDelete