Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cartigans!

First off, if you are crafty and a mama, or either of the two and your not following this blog, DO IT!
The Billy Cardigan from No Big Dill is where I got the tutorial for these cardis
this, my own tutorial, is where I got my starting pattern.

below is the "PJ Cardi" that I made for my oldest and dearest.
(love the kilt pin! - I bought like 4 earlier this year knowing I HAD to make something that could use them)
This was the first of the two I made, and even though the tut says to leave all the edges unfinished, I couldnt really handle that - so the decorative stitch that I used on the collar was then used on ALL of the unfinished edges. about three hours later, I love the look!
and then theres mine, the one I made for myself. honestly I dont love it as much as the one I made first. but I like it fine enough I guess.
(sorry for the bad shot... I guess I not as good at lighting as the Mr.)
heres the decorative stitch I used on the collar of this one. I only did it on the collar, time was not on my side this go around.
there was one thing that I learned about blogging during the process of these cardi makings.
In order to have a very clean and "professional" looking blog, you need to have some one who likes taking pictures of you. and for me, my husband is not that person.
here is the best I got out of him:

waiting for Daddy to take the picture. off center and all.
and getting board, entertaining ourselves, and still waiting for Daddy to take a good picture.
I'm still waiting.

1 comment:

  1. LOve the pjs! They are so cute. Especially the cardigans... And your comment about Michael not letting you buy some pjamams was HILARIOUS!! I totally understand. ;-)

    ReplyDelete