Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A continuation

Here is the continuation of my last blog - the actual projects I was working on.

Its from this pattern that a hott-mama friend of mine shared with me.
Below are the cut out pieces, I made a dress out of the pattern for my niece and shortened it to a top for my lil chick. (I came to the conclusion that dresses arent very "crawling friendly")

Side note- I need to get better about taking pictures of things before I give them away, so I dont have a finishes product pic of what I made my lil Duckling (Niece) but her's is the butterfly
At first I was scared that they were going to turn out too big and I would have to chalk the pattern up to my "some one else making patterns for children who obously dont have children or they would size them correctly" pile... but once you add in the elastic the shrink down to a pretty accurate month/size.

This is what I made for MaraMum
It's a Snail....and the fact that I feel like I have to tell you what it is should shed some light on how I feel it turned out.....
I'm still getting into applique - I love how it looks, but it's a pain in the butt...
and here are the finished Booty Pants...or bloomers...
I think I will be making my own pattern for these soon though, the pattern I have is not very high quality and you have to do some reverse engineering to make them turn out right...its on my list...long list...
And below are some stuff I made about a month ago but never posted... it has booty pants too, so its kind of related, kinda.
it has an applique (that you cant see all that well..)
I call it Chick In The Summer...
I woke up one morning and thought, "We're going to a BBQ today, I'm going to make her an new outfit" ... and sew I did :)
I had extra fabric from another project, so I made lil capris and optional booty pants
well thats all for now. I still feel like I have a ton to post...I'm kind of doing a feast or famine thing...something to get better about...I'm putting it on my list...my long long list...

~Much love,
Mother of MaraMum

No comments:

Post a Comment