Monday, August 30, 2010

Kimono Rainbow

I love making my own patterns. To quote another crafty mama "I'm split 50/50 on making my own patterns or finding high quality ones to use"

This time I did both.

Remember these,
Well I thought I would make them for my girls (daughter and niece) and add some girl power to it - ie, make dresses!


The pink one is going to be for my nice for Christmas (no worries, none of my family reads my blog anyways..) the turquoise is for Mara.
and I have the feeling that summer has never, and will never come this year to the NW, so Mara my be using hers as her birthday dress... long sleeves and all.

(Sidebar- it was 94degrees on her Birth-day last year. It was also that same temp the day I married M... curious... for more on Mara's Birth-day story you can click here)

anyways, I think they turned out how I imagined.
there are snaps instead of buttons...because buttons and semi-mobile babies dont mix.

and the bottom skirt is knit so I left all the edges untouched, I think it gives it a good playful look.


(Sorry, this one is on it's side. just tilt your head to the right....there you go..)

for more info on the "pattern" used for these "Kimono Rainbow Dresses" FOLLOW ME to my next post...

*both of the linens featured here can be found in my shop

No comments:

Post a Comment