Friday, October 8, 2010

Someday House

I will be starting a series of post that will pop up at any given time featuring a favorite sewing 'topic' of mine : Our Someday House.
I am a chick, I fantasize, and although we are overly blessed to be living with my husbands family while he finishes school, I do dream about our 'someday' home - and therefore craft for it!

Sew, here is the first addition to a box of things I will be making during this next year, while I dont have my own home, and while I dont have my own home to clean :) (ie- more crafting time!)

For this installment I present: Dish Towels!
I know right!
Ok, so it sounds lame, but just look at them-
I made four like the one you see below. Each with linen (two light blue, two white) on one side and white terry-cloth on the other
I just took the two materials and bound them together with this bias tape that I made out of my favorite fabric - favorite fabric EVER!

I told M that when he kicks the bucket some day, that I will be entering into a committed relationship with this fabric.
I love it so much in fact, that this is the first time I've used it. I have decided that I will only be using this print on "things", I might, might make a piece of clothing out of it some day, but what if that garment goes out of style? I cant risk wasting this stuff...
and then next are some white linen tea towels that I made and M printed on, cute right?
and lastly, these are what I was working on here - satin fabric napkins.
What? who needs satin fabric napkins? Well, I dont know who needs hand-sewn-satin-fabric-napkins, but I helped my mother in law make duvet covers for her bed in this satin and the 'scraps' were part of my payment.
Sew there you go, apparently my 'Someday House' was in need of hand-sewn-satin-fabric-napkins!

stay tuned for more in the following months!

No comments:

Post a Comment