Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slap - Slap - Wrap

That is just about how I would describe how I covered this chair - but! I love how it turned out.
(another way that an old friend of mine would say it was accomplished was the quick-and-dirty way, you choose)

so here is the chair's butt cushion. All that I did was to take the fabric and trace around the cushion, taking into account the thickness of it and adding seam allowances.
(I didnt crop the above photo as there just happen to be another product of the material kicking around)

then I folded it over onto more fabric and made the other side, sandwitch like. I did this with both of the two cushions.
then I just stitched them together, putting a zipper in at the open side of each pouch like thing I was creating and slid them onto the cushions.

I happened to have some fabric covered button kits left over from another project, and they worked out nicely too:
I would say that the hardest part of the process was getting the curve of the bottom coshion just right so it fit nicely.
these are the straps to hold the top cushion up
and there it is
I just love it.

1 comment: