Monday, September 19, 2011

Bed Sheets

Sew- These have been a long time coming.. as in I made them like, 9 months ago... yeah, that seems to be the turn around time in my life these days.

but here we go -
When I was prego last time, we had a 1,000 year old mattress, and my growing body let me know that every morning. So when Mar-May was a few months old, we had some extra $ and I demanded that we purchase a new mattress. We go a pretty good deal on a memory foam one from Costco - the only draw back? It was huge. Really thick. Which was great, but none of our sheet properly fit it.
So, sew I did.

heres a shot of the bed nicely made.... cuz it looks like this ALL the time...

I bet you cant tell by the pic, but our bed is almost twice as thick as a regular mattress.

and although I can make my own sheets, no I do not iron them. See below.
I did elastic casing the whole way around. In my mind, this makes them fit better.

I made a top and bottom sheet. I made two full sets, the other being in the Blue Paisley seen in my shop.
detail shot of the top sheet below.
Sew here I am busting back into my blogging. As you can well imagine, you wont be seeing me here daily, or weekly, but I have a new resolve to pop in at least monthly. And because I ran this blog this way in the past, the "feast and famine" routine will more than likely keep up as well.
Much love to my faithful readers.
Mother of My Two

1 comment:

  1. adorable sheets, I love it. Where did you seam it?

    I totally understand the feast/famine thing. I started doing multiple posts when I'm feasting but having blogger auto post them in the future. Cuz I'm lazy. Then I can ignore it for a while.

    ReplyDelete