Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mara's Room - Redo

I have a long list of projects that I have had completed well before I got pregnant to share, but this whole project I am most proud of.
As we are living with my in-laws, Mara doesnt have her 'own room' per-say, but more a corner of the guest bedroom. In any event, it was a bit thrown together and could use some sewn-love.

here are some shots of the before:
not BAD really. the chair was my MIL's but in great condition. I made her the banner for her birthday. And there is the crib bumper - it was tied on with non-matching bias tape because even though BabiesRus sold the crib, they did not sell a bumper that would fit it...
So this is the after:
not a gaping huge difference, but when all was done I made her two new fitted sheets, covered the rocking chair, and fixed the straps on the crib bumper. I like the changes.

here is one if the sheets, made from a vintage full size sheet I got at a yard sale for like a buck.
(I also made this from it)
and here are the bumper ties that now fit properly around the larger slats. no more tying on bias tape to the ties or using safety pins to get the straps to fit.
up next: a closer look at my chair covering experience

much love
Mother Of Mara
and Tiny Baby :)

2 comments:

  1. How is that tiny baby doing? Love all the sewing you do! Maybe you can teach me!!!

    ReplyDelete